(Complete soundtrack available here)
On October 30, 2010, a group of ten friends gathers at a secluded mountain resort to spend the night of All Hallows' Eve together. However...
What was originally intended to be a fun little Halloween party quickly turns into an actual night of horrors. When one of the attendees is found dead, fear and uncertainty spread among the group, as the friends realize they are trapped with a murderer.
As they try to unveil the identity of the killer, they slowly begin to learn to what atrocities despair can drive a human being... once its trust has been broken.
SHINRAI - Broken Beyond Despair is a murder mystery visual novel, featuring a variety of interactive elements to help you feel like an actual detective:
- Make Choices that will not only contribute towards your Detective Rank, but also influence the story and unlock bonus content upon its completion. And who knows? Maybe you will even be able to save a life!
- Investigate certain locations inside the resort and interrogate your classmates in order to collect clues and evidence, which will help you solve various mysteries throughout the night
- Present Evidence to back up your claims as you unravel the truth and reveal the identity of the culprit. Be careful with your deductions, however, or you might end up accusing someone innocent of the most heinous crimes!
Other features include:
- Character Profiles which provide you with additional information about the characters, as well as their current status (Alive, Dead, Missing, Unknown)
- Diary which summarizes the story's progression
- Notebook which is frequently updated to help you keep track of gathered info and evidence
- 5 Endings (4 Bad Endings & 1 True Culprit Ending)
- Unlockable Gallery encompassing CG art, misc. art, bonus scenes & diary entries
- Original Soundtrack consisting of 21 unique tracks, as well as a couple of variations
- 150,000+ words in length (about 8-10 hours of playtime, depending on your reading speed and how thorough you are)
If you want to learn even more about SHINRAI, feel free to visit our Twitter, our dev blog on Tumblr, or download the Digital Instruction Booklet.